Issued: April 12, 2022
Aulavik, Ivvavik, &Tuktut Nogait National Parks
Pursuant to section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are designated as restricted in Aulavik, Ivvavik, and Tuktut Nogait National Parks. A permit is required prior to engaging in any of these activities and all permit holders must adhere to the terms and conditions identified on their permit:
All entry and travel
- All travel within and visitation to these National Parks, including day use, overnight, and multi-day trips.
- All personnel and equipment operating on behalf of any Canadian or foreign armed forces for the purposes of training, or entry and travel by any means.
- Storage of petroleum based fuel in any location for future use.
- Storage of food stuffs in any location for future use.
Filming or photography for commercial purposes
- Filming and photography activities conducted where the photographer:
1) Is working to fulfill a commercial contract (including stock agencies);
2) Is salaried for the purpose;
3) Requires special permission or assistance from Parks Canada to access areas or resources(including Parks Canada staff).
All natural science, social science and archaeological research and collection
- Research and Collection Permit Applications shall be submitted online through the following website: http://www.pc.gc.ca/apps/RPS/page1_e.asp.
Visitors can obtain permits at the Parks Canada office in Inuvik or by calling 867-777-8800.