For general inquiries:
Sable Island National Park Reserve
1869 Upper Water Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Phone: 902 426 1500
Emergency contact numbers if you are on or near Sable Island:
On-island Operations Coordinator:
• Call 902-492-4678 from a regular phone, satellite phone, or by using the phones accessible to visitors on the island.
• Or use Channel 08 on Marine Radio VHF-FM
For distress call (Air or marine emergency):
• Near Sable Island; call 1-800-565-1582 (Joint Rescue Coordination Centre)
• On Sable Island; call 1-800-852-3100 (Parks Canada Dispatch)
For an environmental emergency (marine pollution):
• 1-800-565-1633 (Canadian Coast Guard Communications and Traffic Services Centre)
In case of an emergency on the island you may be conscripted to assist Parks Canada personnel with a response.
In a first aid situation, you should advise the Operations Coordinator or other Main Station personnel immediately, and administer first aid as required and as you are able.
In case of a structural fire on the island, or upon hearing a fire alarm, there are marked muster points at the Main Station where you should gather and wait in safety until direction from the Operations Coordinator. If you detect a fire, you should sound the fire alarm and evacuate the building and contact the Operations Coordinator.