From November through April the park is open for day-use activities. Visitors are responsible for their own safety. Visitors should be aware of changeable weather conditions and winter hazards, and have adequate information and equipment to ensure a safe visit.
- Visitor Centre: Closed from November to May.
- Shelters and trails: Open, however other facilities remain closed.
- Firewood for sale at the picnic shelter at Mill Falls, and the shelter is available for day use.
- Porta-potties are available at the Big Dam Road turnoff and the outhouse at Mill Falls parking lot is also available.
- The gates on the Eel Weir Road (at Grafton Lake) and on Big Dam Road are closed until the roads have dried in the spring. Vehicle traffic on gravel and dirt roads is limited due to freeze thaw conditions through fall, winter and spring.
- Kejimkujik is a great destination any time of year for a hike, picnic, photography, bird-watching, or just to explore.
- Visitors are welcome to explore the front-country area, with the exception of Jeremy’s Bay Campground (including Jim Charles Point). This area is unsafe for entry as it is an active construction site and therefore closed to visitors.
- Limited spring camping by self-registration: There are 20 backcountry sites and 3 rustic cabins available from April to May. Please phone 902-682-2770 for details.
- Learn more: Winter activities