Restricted activity: Bicycling restriction
Issued: January 22, 2022
Ends: December 31, 2022
January 22 to December 31, 2022
Pursuant to section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are hereby PROHIBITED by order of the Superintendent, Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site of Canada.
It is prohibited to:
(a) Ride a bicycle or pedal assist E-Bike* on the following trails:
- Mersey Meadows
- Channel Lake
- Rogers Brook
- Gold Mines
- Grafton Woods
- Snake Lake
- Hemlocks and Hardwoods
- Liberty Lake trail from Big Dam parking lot to Lucifee Brook
- Harbour Rocks
- Port Joli Head
Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site of Canada/Kejimkujik Seaside, Kejimkujik National Park of Canada
To enhance visitor safety and enjoyment.
It is an offence under the Canada National Parks Act to contravene these prohibitions. Failure to comply may result in charges.
Original signed by Jonathan Sheppard, Superintendent, Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site of Canada — 2022-01-22
*Parks Canada defines pedal assist e-bikes as follows:
- has steering handlebars and is equipped with pedals,
- is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground,
- is capable of being propelled by muscular power only,
- has one or more electric motors which have, singly or in combination, the following characteristics:
a. it has a total power output rating of 500 W or less,
b. power assistance immediately ceases when the muscular power ceases,
c. it is incapable of providing further assistance when the bicycle attains a speed of 32 km/h on level ground,
- is equipped with a safety mechanism that prevents the motor from being engaged before the bicycle attains a speed of 3 km/h.