Terra Nova National Park is an iconic place for the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It boasts unparalleled film, photography and recreational possibilities which leave visitors feeling re-energized and inspired to return. To care for these amazing places and ensure visitor experiences are not impacted, filming activities have special considerations.
People wishing to film at a national park or historic site must submit a filming/photography application to the appropriate contact below, a minimum of 15 business days prior to the intended film/photography activities. Applications are assessed against Canada's National Parks Act, national park regulations and the projects' potential contribution to public awareness, appreciation and education of national parks and national historic sites. If approved, a film/photography agreement is issued.
Please consider the following when completing a filming/photography application:
- Complete the Parks Canada Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador filming/photography application with as much detail as possible with regards to your proposed project. Take note of the filming/photography requirements listed (1-10).
- Send proof of comprehensive liability insurance policy indicating a minimum of $2,000,000 to the below contact. Make sure to name "Her Majesty, the Queen in right of Canada as represented by Parks Canada Agency" as additionally insured, to be carried throughout the duration of the production in the park/site.
- If Parks Canada staff are to be part of the project or interviewed, the scope of discussion / interview questions must be provided
- Usage of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (or UAVs) on national historic sites requires a Canada Special Flight Operations (SFOC) permit along with special permission from the Field Unit Superintendent. If requesting usage of a UAV, please include details about the aircraft including the make, model, serial number and province as well as the name of the UAV operator.
- The filming/photography agreement must be formalized seven (7) days prior to proposed film dates.
- Fees may apply and payment must be made in advance of the proposed filming.
For more information on this process or to submit an application, please contact:
Promotions Officer, Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador Field Unit
Tel: (709) 772-3266