Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are great ways to explore the park and the possibilities are endless. When snowshoeing, please preserve the trail by staying beside ski tracks, not on them.
Here are a few of our recommended trails for winter activities:
- Dunphy's Pond: This 10km (return) trail takes you to the mouth of the park's largest pond. Ice fishing is available here (by permit only).
- Louil Hill Trail: A 4km (loop) trail through a fir forest.
- Visitor Centre: A 2.5km (return) trek from the Trans-Canada Highway to the ocean. At the end of the access road you can continue to explore the Salton's Brook area.
- Blue Hill Lookout: A 4km (return) steady climb to the park's highest peak.
- Ochre Hill Lookout: A 6km (return) steady climb with a panoramic view of the park at the end.
Check out these other great skiing opportunities in the local area this winter: