Green Point Campground
A favourite with Gros Morne’s regular summer campers, Green Point is one of the park’s smaller campgrounds with fabulous coastal views. In winter, it becomes a secluded wonderland. Offering campsites overlooking the ocean or nestled in the trees, the choice of site is up to you.
What you need to know
- Parking: The road in Green Point Campground is not plowed in winter. Campers must park at the entrance to the campground and ski or snowshoe into their chosen campsite.
- Self-registration: To register, pick up an envelope from the kitchen shelter in the campground. Once you have selected a campsite, write the site number on the envelope, insert payment and drop the envelope into the drop box located in the kitchen shelter.
- Firewood: Firewood is provided for use in the kitchen shelter. It is recommended that campers bring a portable stove for use at their campsites as open fires are not permitted within the park.
- Potable water: To prevent frozen waterlines, water to the campground is shut off in the fall. Campers must therefore bring their own potable water for drinking and cooking.
- Toilets: For the reason mentioned above, only vaults toilets are available in winter.
- WiFi: Internet service is available at Green Point Campground year-round.