Ferry Gulch to Bakeapple Pond
Hike the Gros Morne Mountain trail to the Ferry Gulch campsite. Follow part of the unmarked Long Range traverse onto the Long Range plateau towards Bakeapple Pond and the view over Ten Mile Pond. The route is 20 kilometres return and plan to camp 1-2 nights at Ferry Gulch.
- Long Range & Northern Traverse Backcountry Hiking Map (PDF, 6.9 MB)
- Ferry Gulch to Bakeapple Pond Route Description (PDF 190 KB)
- Hiker Preparation Guide to the Long Range Mountains (PDF 922 KB)
- GPS track files are available for download of the complete Northern Rim and Long Range Traverse (GPX, 319 KB) WARNING: This file(s) contains information on hiking within GMNP. The file(s) may include GIS data of the hiking areas, or GPS track files of commonly used Long Range routes within Gros Morne National Park. These hiking areas or routes are neither marked nor maintained in any manner by Parks Canada. Weather conditions change frequently. It is the user's responsibility to ensure conditions are safe for travel along these routes at all times. This information was prepared by Parks Canada using its best judgment and information available at the time of preparation. Any use you make of this information and any reliance on or decisions made based on these files are your own responsibility absolutely. Parks Canada, its employees and its agents accept no responsibility for damages, if any, suffered by you or any third party as a result of decisions made or actions based on these maps or files. For greater certainty, under no circumstances whatsoever will Parks Canada, its employees, or its agents be held liable for any loss or damage that may occur to you and any person or persons or property by reason of your or their reliance upon these track files or maps.
- Parts of this route is unmarked and requires wilderness navigation skills using map, compass, and GPS.
- Hikers should note that in June there can be significant late snow beds in the Ferry Gulch portion of the trail creating challenging hiking and navigation conditions.
- The summit portion of the Gros Morne Mountain trail is closed from May 1 to the last Friday in June.
Reservations and Fees
No reservations are accepted for the Ferry Gulch campsite. Overnight camping permits for this site are available on a first-come first-serve basis. Camping permits are $9.80 per person per night and are in addition to park entry fees. Camping permits can be obtained at the Visitor Centre.