Tippen Lot Trail
Tippen Lot takes you through mixed Acadian forest, across pristine brooks and streams, and past an active beaver pond.
The trail is split into two sections:
- Tippen Lot North forms a 3 km connection between the Chignecto Recreation Area and Point Wolfe Road (can be hiked or biked);
- Cross the Point Wolfe Road to access Tippen Lot South, a 1.85 km section of trail that takes you to Herring Cove (hiking only).
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.