Maple Grove Trail
Winter, spring, summer or fall, Maple Grove is your connection to Fundy National Park’s outdoor playground! The 4 km Maple Grove Trail is a wide gravel path that zigzags through a 200 year old stand of pure sugar maple. Peering through the trees, Maple Grove offers peek-a-boo views of the Bay of Fundy.
Perfect for mountain biking, hiking, or trail running, Maple Grove takes you to and from a network of trails in the Chignecto South area that are used for mountain biking from spring until fall, and cross country skiing in the winter. From the top of Maple Grove, check out Fundy’s newest single track trail, the Black Horse Trail, designed in partnership with the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA).
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.