Dobson Link trail
Looking to hike your way from Moncton to Fundy? This 2.6 km trail is your link to the Dobson Trail, a 58 km wilderness trek that takes you from Riverview, NB, to the boundary of Fundy National Park. Within the Park, the Dobson Link can be accessed by either Laverty Falls Trail (2.5 km) or Moosehorn Trail (4.8 km).
Dobson Trail hikers can expect a challenging but rewarding trek, with several notable look-out points along the way. Be sure to plan ahead for your trip, and ‘Leave No Trace’ while on route. The Dobson Trail is managed by a dedicated group of volunteers with the Fundy Hiking Trail Association. For more information, visit www.fundyhikingtrails.com.
Several trails in the park have river crossings. When water levels are high, crossing the river can be dangerous. Water levels are monitored and crossings are closed when conditions are hazardous. At these times, signs are posted at the trailhead to indicate the closure. If you are unsure about water conditions, don't take a chance.
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.