The Fundy Challenge
We challenge you to hike 100 kilometres in Canada's national parks!
The Fundy Challenge is a project sponsored by the Fundy Guild. It imposes no time limit for reaching this goal, so day-hikers can participate as easily as avid backpackers. You only have to walk 10 kilometres in Fundy. The rest can be completed in any national park.
Record each hike in your official hiking log (available at park kiosks and information centres, and the Fundy Guild Bookshop) and have it initialled by a park employee. Participation is free, but you'll have to pay $6.00 + tax for the pin you receive once you have reached your goal. This fee covers mailing costs plus the tags you can add to your pin as you complete each additional 100 kilometres.
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.