Looking for a creative way to get from Chignecto campground to Headquarters and town? The Whitetail Trail will take you there through the Acadian forest! This trail can also be combined with the Coastal and Tippenlot trails to form a 12 km loop.
Since 2014, the Whitetail Trail has been able to allow visitors to travel the trail by mountain bike as well as on foot.
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.