Cross Country Skiing
Over 18 km of cross-country ski trails are groomed to accommodate both the classic and ski skating techniques. Colour-coded trails leave the Chignecto Recreation Area parking area by a common route. Follow the colored markers along your chosen trail.
List of trails
Consult our List of trails to find out which trails of the park allows snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and fat biking.
Conditions can vary on a daily basis:
Trails not identified will not be groomed or maintained. Orientation may be difficult and natural hazards may be present on non-maintained trails increasing the risk of serious injury. For this reason, it is strongly encouraged to remain on marked trails.
Located off the Chignecto Recreation Area parking area, the ski shelter offers picnic tables, a wood stove, and firewood. Another shelter is located along the blue trail.
Dry toilets are located in the parking area.
Domestic animals are not allowed in shelters and on groomed trails.
- Know your limit, bring the appropriate equipment and let someone know where you’re going and when you plan to return.
- Contact park staff if you require specific advice.
- Fat bike riders are strongly advised to wear helmets and must yield to walkers, people on snowshoes and skiers.
- Only classic skiers are permitted on the set ski track. All other users must stay on the other half of the trail.
- Trails not identified will not be groomed or maintained. Orientation may be difficult and natural hazards may be present on non-maintained trails increasing the risk of serious injury. For this reason, it is strongly encouraged to remain on marked trails.
- It's your responsibility to seek out safety information, obey signs and be prepared. You are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. A pay phone is located at the visitor information centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before going out.
For your well-being, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with Fundy National Park's winter safety standards.