Cross Country Skiing
|Hiking trail||Type||Groomed||Distance||Trail description|
|Pink||Ski, Snowshoe, Fat Bike||Yes||1.7 km loop||Excellent for children and beginners, this trail loops through the Chignecto Recreation Area and gently slopes back down to the ski shelter.|
|Red||Ski, Snowshoe, Fat Bike||Yes||3.5 km loop||This route has several long runs on gentle slopes. The Maple Grove cabin is located along this trail.|
|Black||Ski, Snowshoe, Fat Bike||Yes||4.6 km loop||For children and beginners, this old wagon road, a reminder of the former village of Hastings, offers gentle hills and slopes protected from the wind by dense stands of spruce and fir.|
|Blue||Ski, Snowshoe, Fat Bike||Yes||6.2 km loop||Gentle slopes and one steep climb of 400 metres through woodlands and old fields rewards you with great views of the Bay of Fundy and the Point Wolfe River valley.|
Located off the Chignecto Recreation Area parking, the ski shelter offers picnic tables, a wood stove, and firewood. Another shelter is located along the blue trail.
Dry toilets are located in the parking area.
Domestic animals are not allowed in shelters and on groomed trails.
The trail report includes trail status and conditions, road conditions and maintenance projects. Trails can close for safety reasons, repairs or to improve its ecological sustainability. Please respect the closures to ensure the continued enjoyment and preservation of Fundy National Park. You can also contact the Visitor Centre for the most up to date information. 506-887-6318 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- Trails not identified will not be groomed or maintained. Orientation may be difficult and natural hazards may be present on non-maintained trails increasing the risk of serious injury. For this reason, it is strongly encouraged to remain on marked trails.
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. A pay phone are located at the visitor information centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before going out.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return.