Fundy National Park facilities are now open and offering a wide array of winter activities! These include cross-country skiing, birding, snowshoeing, tobogganing and more. Winter camping is available at the Headquarters campground in one of our five yurts, ten oTENTiks or with your own tent! Three rustic cabins are also accessible: one on the Maple Grove trail, one on Hastings Road, and the other on McKinley trail.
Conditions can vary on a daily basis:
Grab your snowshoes and experience the winter landscape of Fundy National Park.
Explore over 18 km of groomed trails in the Chignecto Recreation Area.
Come and enjoy the outdoors at Fundy National Park.
Get away from it all in a Fundy Rustic Cabin!
Experience winter camping like never before!
Stay overnight for a hassle-free camping experience!
Feeling adventurous? Stay the night at Headquarters campground.
|Sliding / Tobogganing
A great activity for the entire family.
|Commercial Services (Village of Alma Website)
Restaurants, general stores, and a service station are located in the village of Alma.
- Know your limit, bring the appropriate equipment and let someone know where you’re going and when you plan to return.
- Contact park staff if you require specific advice.
- Fat bike riders are strongly advised to wear helmets and must yield to walkers, people on snowshoes and skiers.
- Only classic skiers are permitted on the set ski track. All other users must stay on the other half of the trail.
- Trails not identified will not be groomed or maintained. Orientation may be difficult and natural hazards may be present on non-maintained trails increasing the risk of serious injury. For this reason, it is strongly encouraged to remain on marked trails.
- It's your responsibility to seek out safety information, obey signs and be prepared. You are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. A pay phone is located at the visitor information centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before going out.
For your well-being, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with Fundy National Park's winter safety standards.