Away from it all in a Fundy Rustic Cabin
Ever dream of overnighting in a little cabin in the woods, away from it all? You can do just that in Fundy National Park. Two rustic cabins are available for rent through the Parks Canada reservation system. They are located along Hastings Road and Maple Grove Trail and both offer great views of the Bay of Fundy. Park and walk a short distance to your cabin. Enjoy the night sky, sounds of nature … and just relax.
Walk-in distance to each cabin
May to October
Hastings Cabin: 150 meters
Maple Grove Cabin: 900 meters (hiking or biking)
January to March
Hastings Cabin: 7.2 km return ski or snowshoe trek (groomed - yellow trail)
Maple Grove Cabin: 3.5 km return ski or snowshoe trek (partially groomed - red trail)
What to bring
- Water (you must bring water, there is no water supply on site)
- Sleeping bag (cabins are not insulated),
- Sleeping mat (mattresses are not included)
- Cooking gear, dishes and a cooler
- Matches or lighter to start a fire in the woodstove or in the outside fire pit
What we offer
Inside the cabin
- 1 table
- 2 benches
- 2 bunk beds. The cabin can accommodate 4 people
- 1 broom and 1 dustpan
- 1 woodstove for heat and cooking
- 1 fire extinguisher
- 1 carbon monoxide/smoke detector
Outside the cabin
- A composting toilet
- A picnic table
- Two deck chairs
- A fire pit
- Firewood supply
A few rules
- Pack in, pack out: do not leave garbage on site or inside the cabin. Bear-proof garbage cans are located at the rustic cabin parking lot.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the rustic cabin
- Pets are NOT allowed
- The cabin must be swept clean prior to departure
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the Fundy Rustic Cabins. Please check General Campground Information.
- Visitors must check in and check out at the Visitor Centre.
- Winter parking for the cabins is in the Chignecto Recreation Area.
- Check-in time: from 2 p.m.
- Check-out time: by 11 a.m.