Feeling adventurous? Stay the night at Headquarters campground.
Camping is offered at Headquarters Campground on a first come, first served basis. Please register for your campsite at the Visitor Reception Centre. Outside of the Visitor Centre operating hours, you may self-register at the campground kiosk. Enclosed kitchen shelters are provided for meal preparation and warming up. Bring a lantern to light the shelters at night. Drinking water and heated washrooms with showers are available near the campground entrance. Snow is not removed from campsites. Pets are permitted on your campsite. Within walking distance from the village of Alma, Headquarters offers great views of the Bay of Fundy.
The fee for camping is $20.40 per site per night for unserviced camping or $28.25 per site per night for electrical hookup.
Yurts and oTENTiks
Located at the Headquarters Campground, our Yurts and oTENTiks can accommodate up to 5 people each. They are heated with a propane fireplace. Cooking is restricted to the nearby kitchen shelters. A wood stove and firewood are provided at these shelters. Drinking water and heated washrooms with showers are available nearby. Bring your own cooking pots, dishes, cutlery, and bedding (winter rated sleeping bags are recommended). Pets are permitted in Yurt #4 only.
The fee for a Yurt is $100.00 per night. The fee for an oTENTik is $90.00 per night.
Three rustic cabins are available to rent. The Maple Grove cabin is located on the Red trail (3.5 km groomed ski or snowshoe loop). The Hastings cabin is located on the Yellow trail (3.5 one way partially groomed ski or snowshoe trail). The McKinley cabin is located on the blue trail. The cabins can accommodate 4 people each. The cabins are not insulated, but there is a wood stove provided for heating and cooking. Firewood is provided. Composting toilets are at each cabin. Bring water, a winter rated sleeping bag, sleeping mat, cooking pots, dishes, cutlery, an axe for splitting wood, a lantern for light as well as matches and paper to light the fire. Pets are not permitted in the rustic cabins.
The fee for a rustic cabin is $70.00 per night.
PLEASE NOTE: The only washroom available in Headquarters Campground during the winter, is located near the campground entrance, next to site #10.
What to wear
The layered approach to clothing is a must if you want to be comfortable on the trails. Choose clothes that allow plenty of movement. While skiing or snowshoeing your body will produce enough heat to keep you warm without having to resort to heavy clothing. Choose thermal underwear, wool socks, a stretchy ski suit, leg protectors such as gaiters, gloves or mittens, a wool toque and, in cold weather, a hooded windbreaker. In a backpack or fanny-pack bring along an extra pair of socks, extra gloves or mittens, a sweater, and a scarf or balaclava hat to protect your face in case of high winds.
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- Trails not identified will not be groomed or maintained. Orientation may be difficult and natural hazards may be present on non-maintained trails increasing the risk of serious injury. For this reason, it is strongly encouraged to remain on marked trails.
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. A pay phone are located at the visitor information centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before going out.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return.
11 Headquarters Campground Road
Fundy National Park, NB E4H 4S7