Black Horse Trail
Welcome to the heart of Fundy’s upland playground! The Black Horse trail was developed in collaboration with the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) as a 4.4 km single track loop that can be enjoyed by all mountain bikers, from novice to expert. Its unusual name pays tribute to the old horse stable that once stood at the trail head parking lot.
From Black Horse, bikers can connect to Maple Grove or Hasting Road to make a longer, more challenging bike experience.
- Know your physical limits; Fundy’s wilderness is famous for its rugged cliffs and river valleys. Choose a trail that is challenging but enjoyable for you.
- Pack for comfort and safety: A sweater and a windbreaker are good insurance against variable weather. We recommend footwear with good traction and support. Pack fresh water and a snack, even if you’re planning a short hike.
- Plan your route and stick to it. Let someone know where you plan on hiking and your estimated time of return.
- For your own safety and to preserve the ecological integrity of our Park, stay on marked trails.
- Leave no trace! Please carry out all garbage, yours and any you may find on the trail.