Operations update: Lasting effects of severe weather that may affect your visit to Riding Mountain National Park
Issued: July 25, 2022
Unusual weather has created delays in our Spring operations. Know before you go! See below for up to date changes on the conditions here so you are better prepared:
Changes that may affect your visit:
- All 30 oTENTiks in the Wasagaming Campground are fully operational.
- The Wasagaming Campground woodyard has been cleared out, and wood will be available starting this week.
- Most of the Wasagaming Campground is open and available. Some available campsites are wet as the area continues to get rain. The unavailable campsites are monitored daily.
- The Lake Audy campground, day use area, boat launch, bison enclosure and dam. Area Closed
- Nights are still cold. We recommend bringing extra blankets for oTENTik stays.
- Kiosk schedule for the remainder of the week:
- Tues: 14:00-16:00
- Wed: 14:00-16:00
- Thur: 14:00-16:00
- Fri: 8:00-23:00
- Sat: 8:00-23:00
- Sun: 8:00-22:00
- Mon: 8:00-18:00
- Highway 19 from Lake Katherine to the East Gate. Rolling River road from highway 19 to the park boundary. Area Closed. No access to any trails along Highway 19
- The Lake Audy Road is closed in both directions from the access located at the Lake Audy District Station – locally known as the West Gate, to east of Jackfish Creek from the HWY #10 approach.
- Open from highway 10 through 61A to RM of Harrison Park
- Rolling River Road – Closed
- Agassiz Road – Open
- North Shore Road - Open
- Frith Beach access road open South from PR 354
- Most trails are currently closed due to down trees or are underwater. Some trails around the Wasagaming townsite are open. See trail conditions for updates.
Cottage and Cabin owners
- The Old Campground shower building is operational.
- The water has been turned on in the Clear Lake Cabin Area. We are working towards trying to open some additional washrooms buildings for the weekend. The shower building is operational.
- The water has not been turned on East of Primula at this time but we are hopeful conditions permit it to be on soon.
- Fishing season opened on May 15th yet there is still a large body of ice on Clear Lake. Because of this extended winter storm weather, the spawning season for the fish has also been delayed.
- Please remember to have all of your watercraft inspected at the AIS inspection station. Hours are below:
May 2nd – May 19th
- Boat Cove Inspection station: 9AM-5PM Monday-Sunday
- Decontamination station: closed
May 20th – September 5th
- Boat Cove Inspection station: 8AM-8PM Monday-Sunday
- Decontamination station:10AM-6PM Monday-Sunday
June 17th – September 5th
- East End Inspection station: 10AM-6PM Fridays-Sundays and Mondays of long weekends.
For all inquiries after May 2nd please call the AIS Program at 204-396-4579.
Contact Administration for any questions 204-848-7275