Travel Trade: Heart of the Prairies
Riding Mountain has landscapes with amazing opportunities to explore: Sprawling forests, deep gorges, prairie grasslands and expansive clear lakes. Take a short venture into the boreal forest to find a bear den. Drive through the heart of the park that moose, elk, bear, and beaver call home. Explore protected grasslands and find wild bison. Finally, return to Wasagaming as the sun sets. Take time to discover the charming town site set next to Clear Lake with gift shops, restaurants, cafés and more.
May to November, 2021 and beyond
Days of the week offered: Thursday + Saturday
Each tour/ program lasts 3 hour(s).
• 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (May to August)
• 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm (September to November)
Both English and French guides are available.
Available on demand with advance booking.
Entry Fee $6.80/person (driver and additional non-Parks Canada guides are free)
+ Guide Fee $220.80 – up to 25 people, an additional charge of $220.80 per trip will be applied for an additional Parks Canada guide (mandatory for groups larger than 25 people)
Soak up the raw beauty of nature on a trip through the forests, grasslands and lakes of Riding Mountain National Park. Discover the secrets of a bear den on a short walk through the woods. From the shores of Clear Lake to the bison range, experience wild animals in their natural habitat. Return to the charming town site of Wasagaming to relax at the end of the day.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: (eng) 1-204-848-PARK or (fr) 1-204-848-PARC
In person: At the Administration Building or Visitor Centre
- This experience is weather dependent so be prepared with rain gear or cold weather clothing, walking shoes, water bottle, sunscreen and/or bug spray.
- The tour starts at the Visitor Centre, 133 Wasagaming Drive, Wasagaming, Manitoba.
- Bookings are taken a maximum 12 months in advance and a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Booking confirmation will be sent after six business days.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the tour operator. A local charter service, Shuttle Bug, is available to book: shuttlebugclearlake.com
- Interested in staying overnight? Visit discoverclearlake.com for a list of resorts, hotels, and bed & breakfasts in the area.
- The experience is accessible (the 30 minute hiking portion would not be accessible, but alternate arrangements can be made)
- Suitable for large groups
- Suitable for small groups
- Reservations required
- Available in French upon request
- Motorcoach parking available
- On site café/restaurant – In townsite of Wasagaming
- Washrooms on site
- Gift shop