Campground Host Program
Campground Hosts provide a friendly, welcoming face to visitors to Riding Mountain National Park’s Lake Audy and Moon Lake campgrounds. Whether it’s recommending the best trail to hike, providing bear safety information or helping to contact park staff in an emergency, Campground Hosts help make visitors from around the world feel at home in Riding Mountain.
Who we’re looking for
- You are friendly and outgoing and have your own tent or small RV.
- You enjoy camping, history, nature and sharing your knowledge and stories with others.
- Having first aid training is an asset
What you’ll be doing
- Welcoming campers and providing information about site facilities, services, and what to see and do in the area.
- Promoting good camping practices.
- Liaising with staff to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
How you’ll make a difference
- Help to create an unforgettable camping experience by making people feel welcome, safe and connected to Riding Mountain National Park.
- Contribute to new campers’ appreciation and enjoyment of the great outdoors.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to discover Riding Mountain National Park and the surrounding area.
- Complimentary campsite for your tent or small RV.
- Meeting new people from across Canada and the world.
If you are an experienced camper interested in sharing your love of the outdoors and Riding Mountain National Park, please review our Campground Host Information Package and consider joining us this season for a few weeks' stay.
Campground Host Application
Riding Mountain National Park strives to have campground host coverage for the duration of the camping season. We hope to provide a variety of interested individuals with an opportunity to host. Applicants will be selected based on an evaluation of the answers provided to the above questions, past performance, and availability. Priority may be given to new applicants. You will also have to obtain security clearance.
Please complete this form and submit it by mail or e-mail at least four weeks ahead of your proposed hosting start date.
Full address including postal/zip code:
We invite you to host with us; Please indicate your available dates.
- Please tell us about your camping experience including any previous hosting experience.
- What would visitors enjoy most about meeting you?
- What would you hope to gain from this experience?
- Tell us about a time when you resolved an interpersonal problem or conflict. What was your approach?
- Would you like to tell us anything else about yourselves?
Campground Host Program
Riding Mountain National Park
P.O. Box 299, Onanole, MB R0J 1N0