Reserve an overnight stay (campsite and bus)
Make a reservation
New in 2020, all overnight camping reservations at Lake O’Hara will be offered on the Parks Canada Reservation Service.
Beginning at 8:00 a.m. MST on January 24, 2020, the entire overnight camping season will be available to reserve on a first-come first-serve reservation model. Overnight camping will be offered from June from June 19 – October 3, 2020.
You can access the Parks Canada Reservation Service:
- Online 24/7 at: www.reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca
- By calling: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783).
- International: 1-519-826-5391
Tip: Save time by creating an account in advance
Book Early: All Lake O’Hara camping reservations for the 2020 season are expected to be booked early on reservation opening day, January 24, 2020.
Reservations are for personal use only, and will be void if resold. Commercial operators must call the park directly for reservations.
When you go online or call, please have the following information ready:
- Day or dates requested: maximum of 3 nights for camping
- Number of people: maximum of 4 people per campsite
- Number of campsites: maximum of 2 sites per party and 1 tent per site
- Preferred in-going bus time: reservations are not required for an outgoing bus
- Mastercard, Visa, or American Express number: all fees are collected at the time of booking
Fees for campers
|Item||Adults||Youth (6-16)||Children (5 and under)|
|Bus (round-trip)||$14.70||$7.30||no charge|
|Bus (outgoing only)||$9.75||$4.75||no charge|
|Camping||$10.02 / night||no charge||no charge|
|Reservation (campsite and bus)||$11.50 / campsite (non-refundable)|
Note: All fees are currently under review and are subject to change
Cancellation policyCancellation information can be found at https://reservation.pc.gc.ca/ReservationPolicy.aspx?index=3
Licensed guiding companies
Companies licensed to guide visitors in Yoho National Park may conduct commercial trips in the Lake O’Hara area. Eleven bus seats per day are allocated to commercial groups. Six of these may be reserved up to three calendar months in advance of your visit on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining five seats may only be reserved 24 hours in advance. They accommodate the needs of local alpine guides who have traditionally used the area as a poor weather mountaineering alternative. Groups only, please call: 250-343-6433 for reservations. Lines open March 19, 2020.
What you need to know
- Licensed companies may only reserve space on the public bus within the commercial quota. The quota is for licensed guides and their paying clients only.
- Commercial reservations may only be made under licensed company names.
- Licensed companies are provided with a maximum of ten reservation bookings per calendar month.
- Maximum commercial group size is six people.
- Modifications cannot be made less than seven days prior to the original booking date.
- Companies that have obtained commercial sector reservations shall not sell or trade the space to any other commercial or private interests.
- Guides will be required to show their guide ID card on the bus when booked under the commercial quota.
Lake O’Hara is not only beautiful, but fragile and sensitive to your presence. Please protect this special place by following a few simple steps.