Reserve an overnight stay (campsite and bus)
Printable version - General public (PDF, 221 KB)
Printable version - Commercial groups (PDF, 363 KB)
Note: Reservations open Monday, April 3, 2017 at 8 a.m. MDT.
Reservations open Monday, April 3, 2017 at 8 a.m. MDT.
Reservations may be booked three months to the day in advance of your trip.
Campers and Commercial Groups only, please call: 250-343-6433
- 8 a.m. to noon AND 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 3 to May 14, 2017: Monday to Friday
- May 15 to June 16, 2017: Daily
- June 17 to October 1, 2017: Monday to Friday
Book Early: The 30 campground sites are usually fully booked by 10 a.m. MDT on the first day that reservations are accepted, three months ahead of your first night’s stay. All times are listed in Mountain Daylight Time; the same time as Calgary, Alberta and Golden, B.C.
Weekends: If you are calling from April 3 to May 14 or after June 17 three months ahead of time for a date that falls on the weekend, please call the following Monday during office hours.
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- Day or dates requested: maximum of 3 nights for camping
- Number of people: maximum of 6 people per party for day use
- Number of campsites: maximum of 2 sites per party and 1 tent per site
- Preferred in-going bus time: reservations are not required for an outgoing bus
- Mastercard, Visa, or American Express number: all fees are collected at the time of booking
|Item||Adults||Youth (6-16)||Children (5 and under)|
|Bus (round-trip)||$14.70||$7.30||no charge|
|Bus (outgoing only)||$9.75||$4.75||no charge|
|Wilderness Pass*||$9.80 / night||no charge||no charge|
|Campsite and Bus Reservation||$11.70 / campsite (non-refundable)|
|Campsite and Bus Cancellation||$11.70|
*Required for campers. If you hold an annual Wilderness Pass, this fee is covered
Note: All fees are currently under review and are subject to change
Cancellations are received by an answering machine at 250-343-6433. Select the “Cancellation” option from the menu. Please leave your name, company name (if applicable), reservation number, credit card number and expiry date.
- An $11.70 cancellation fee is in effect for camping reservations.
- Campers who cancel their first night will forfeit their entire reservation.
- Campers with reservations for the 10:30 a.m. bus who are no-shows without notification by noon will forfeit their entire bus and camping reservation.
- Campers are not permitted to change to day user status.
An $11.70 cancellation fee is in effect for camping reservations and commercial groups.
- Cancellations made before 4:00 p.m. on the fifth day prior to arrival will receive a full refund, minus the cancellation fee and non-refundable reservation fee. For example, to cancel a reservation with a Friday arrival date, the Lake O’Hara office must be contacted before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m. on the fifth day prior to arrival will receive a full refund, minus the cancellation fee, non-refundable reservation fee and first night’s stay.
- Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m. on the day prior to arrival forfeit all refunds.
- Commercial cancellations made less than seven days prior to the reservation date forfeit all fees.
- Commercial cancellations made more than seven days prior to the reservation date are subject to a full refund, minus an $11.70 cancellation fee.
Companies licensed to guide visitors in Yoho National Park may conduct commercial trips in the Lake O’Hara area. Eleven bus seats per day are allocated to commercial groups. Six of these may be reserved up to three calendar months in advance of your visit on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining five seats may only be reserved 24 hours in advance. They accommodate the needs of local alpine guides who have traditionally used the area as a poor weather mountaineering alternative.
What you need to know
- Licensed companies may only reserve space on the public bus within the commercial quota. The quota is for licensed guides and their paying clients only.
- Commercial reservations may only be made under licensed company names.
- Licensed companies are provided with a maximum of ten reservation bookings per calendar month.
- Maximum commercial group size is six people.
- Modifications cannot be made less than seven days prior to the original booking date.
- Companies that have obtained commercial sector reservations shall not sell or trade the space to any other commercial or private interests.
- Guides will be required to show their guide ID card on the bus when booked under the commercial quota.
Lake O’Hara is not only beautiful, but fragile and sensitive to your presence. Please protect this special place by following a few simple steps.