Reserve for the day (bus only)
All day use reservations for the Lake O'Hara shuttle bus will be booked through a random draw reservation system beginning in 2020. This system will improve the reservation service for visitors, reduce stress on the current reservation system, and help to ensure all online users have a chance at securing a reservation for a seat on the Lake O’Hara bus.
- Visitors will have a one-month period from February 1 to 29, 2020, to submit an application online through the Parks Canada Reservation Service
- Visitors seeking a reservation for the Lake O’Hara day-use bus may choose to submit a single or multiple applications.
- A non-refundable fee of $10.00 (tax incl.) is charged for each application
- Each paid application allows applicants to select up to 6 different bus days and/or times and up to 6 seats, based on the flexibility of their schedule.
- Applications will be drawn at random and have temporary reservations assigned.
- Any unconfirmed and unreserved spots will become available publicly on a first-come first-served basis for reservation at the end of the process.
- Once bookings are confirmed by both Parks Canada and the visitor, bookings are non-transferable. Cancellation and change fees will apply.
- Applications by phone are not accepted for the random draw.
Licensed guiding companies
Note: Online booking is not yet available for commercial groups.
Companies licensed to guide visitors in Yoho National Park may conduct commercial trips in the Lake O’Hara area. Eleven bus seats per day are allocated to commercial groups. Six of these may be reserved up to three calendar months in advance of your visit on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining five seats may only be reserved 24 hours in advance. They accommodate the needs of local alpine guides who have traditionally used the area as a poor weather mountaineering alternative.
Please call: 250-343-6433 for reservations. Lines open April 1, 2020. Hours of operation are 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm MDT, Monday to Friday.
What you need to know
- Licensed companies may only reserve space on the public bus within the commercial quota. The quota is for licensed guides and their paying clients only.
- Commercial reservations may only be made under licensed company names.
- Licensed companies are provided with a maximum of ten reservation bookings per calendar month.
- Maximum commercial group size is six people.
- Modifications cannot be made less than seven days prior to the original booking date.
- Companies that have obtained commercial sector reservations shall not sell or trade the space to any other commercial or private interests.
- Guides will be required to show their guide ID card on the bus when booked under the commercial quota.
|Item||Adults||Youth (6-16)||Children (5 and under)|
|Random draw entry fee (per application*)||$10|
|Bus (round-trip)||$14.70||$7.30||no charge|
|Bus (outgoing only)||$9.75||$4.75||no charge|
for applicants successful in the random draw
|For 1 or 2 persons - $4.50 per ticket if booked on-line or $6.25 per ticket if booked by telephone (non-refundable).
For 3 or more persons - flat rate of $11.50 if booked on-line or $13.50 if booked by telephone (non-refundable).
Note: All fees are currently under review and are subject to change
*Each Random draw entry fee, allows applicants to select up to 6 different bus days and/or times and up to 6 seats, based on the flexibility of their schedule.
Confirmation (booking number)
After the random draw is completed, Successful applicants will receive an email notification and be required to confirm their reservation within the specified two-week period. Any unconfirmed and unreserved spots will become available for regular reservations at the end of the random draw process on a first-come first-served basis.
A booking number will be provided at the end of each completed reservation. If you do not receive a booking number, your reservation is not complete. If you provided an email address and your credit card information and did not receive a booking number, please contact us at 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783) to confirm whether the original reservation was completed.
Cancellations or changes
Information on changes or cancellations to day use reservations can be found at https://reservation.pc.gc.ca/ReservationPolicy.aspx?index=4
Lake O’Hara is not only beautiful, but fragile and sensitive to your presence. Please protect this special place by following a few simple steps.