Hours of operation
Several facilities and services are available in each of the three areas within the park. For more information on preparing for your visit to these areas, visit our Brochures section.
Long Beach Unit
Note: A valid national park entry pass must be displayed in your vehicle when stopped in the Long Beach Unit of the park.
Pacific Rim Visitor Centre
|Winter 2019/20||May 1 – May 18,
|May 19 – Sept 7,
|Sept 8 – Oct 12,
|Oct 13 – Dec 31,
|Tourism Ucluelet only*||9:30 am – 5:00 pm
|9:00 am – 7:00 pm
|9:30 am – 5:00 pm
|Tourism Ucluelet only*|
*Pacific Rim Visitor Cent re is jointly operated by Tourism Ucluelet and Parks Canada. The Pacific Rim Visitor Centre is operated year round by Tourism Ucluelet.
- October 15, 2019 – March 28, 2020, 10 am – 5 pm (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Mar 29 – May 18, 2020, 10 am – 5 pm (Thursday to Tuesday)
- May 19 – Sept 7, 2020, 10 am – 5 pm (7 days per week)
- Sept 8 – Oct 29, 2020, 10 am – 5 pm (Thursday to Monday)
- Oct 30, 2020 – February 2021, 10 am – 5 pm (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Monday, January 7, 2019 at 8 am PST
Campsite reservations available:
- May 1, 2019 - October 14, 2019
Green Point Theatre
- Check our interpretive program page for a complete schedule
Long Beach Visitor Centre
- Long Beach Visitor Centre located in the Long Beach South Parking Lot is open July and August, from 10 am to 5 pm
Tofino Visitor Centre
- Tofino Visitor Centre is operated year round by Tourism Tofino
- Parks Canada staff are available at this location in July and August, from 10 am to 5:30 pm
National Park Reserve Administration Building
- Open: 8 am - 4 pm (Monday - Friday, year-round)
- Closed: on statutory holidays
Broken Group Islands (BGI)
Services and facilities in the Broken Group Islands (BGI) are limited. This is a backcountry area and visitors must be self-sufficient.
Camping is available on the Broken Group Islands from May to September. The overnight BGI camping permit must be purchased online or through the call centre at 1-877-737-3783 prior to departure.
From May to September Tseshaht Beach Keepers provide services in the Broken Group Islands including maintaining camping areas, checking camping permits, providing information to visitors and sharing stories of the Tseshaht First Nation’s rich history in the area.
Note: a valid national park entry pass is required at all times and must be carried on your person while in the West Coast Trail unit.
If you are planning on hiking the entire West Coast Trail (WCT), be prepared for 6-8 days in the backcountry. Facilities on the trail include boardwalk, ladders, bridges, cable cars and outhouses at the most commonly used camping areas.
|Facilities||Services||May 1 – Sept 30|
|Pachena Bay Information Centre||
||9 am - 4 pm|
|Gordon River Information Centre||
9 am - 4 pm
|Ditidaht First Nation Visitor Centre||
||8 am - 4 pm|
Detailed information about reservations and planning for the WCT can be found on the WCT section of our website.
Services in the neighbouring communities
Bamfield, Port Renfrew and Nitinaht can provide basic services, including accommodation, camping, phones, fuel, groceries and tours. There are no banks in these communities so cash and change can be difficult to obtain.
Contact us for more information.