Kwisitis Visitor Centre
Note: The restaurant in Kwisitis Visitor Centre is currently closed while Parks Canada explores options for the former kitchen and restaurant area in collaboration with the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve’s Cooperative Management Board.
Kwisitis, or the "other end of the beach" in the Nuu-chah-nulth language, is a fitting name for this iconic west coast building perched at the south end of Wickaninnish Beach in beautiful Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
The outside deck is the perfect year-round spot to view whales, storms and surfers alike. Inside the centre, new exhibits about the land, sea, sky and people of the area await you.
- See the giant murals of marine mammals and the rainforest.
- Take a photo in front of the large whale tail.
- Listen to stories of the First Nations of this coast.
- Ride a giant slug.
- Explore a replica of a First Nations longhouse and whale hunt.
- Examine tracks of bears, wolves, cougars and other critters that use our beaches.
- Learn about the fascinating history of the west coast.
- Find out how salmon nurture the rainforest.
- Visit the First Nations Gift Shop.
- Leave us a note. Let us know what you think!