Kwisitis Visitor Centre
Pacific Rim National Park Reserve is offering limited visitor services at this time. Please check our COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information.
Kwisitis, or the "other end of the beach" in the Nuu-chah-nulth language, is a fitting name for this iconic west coast building perched at the south end of Wickaninnish Beach in beautiful Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
The outside deck is the perfect year-round spot to view whales, storms and surfers alike. Inside the centre, new exhibits about the land, sea, sky and people of the area await you.
- See the giant murals of marine mammals and the rainforest.
- Take a photo in front of the large whale tail.
- Listen to stories of the First Nations of this coast.
- Ride a giant slug.
- Explore a replica of a First Nations longhouse and whale hunt.
- Examine tracks of bears, wolves, cougars and other critters that use our beaches.
- Learn about the fascinating history of the west coast.
- Find out how salmon nurture the rainforest.
- Visit the First Nations Gift Shop.
- Leave us a note. Let us know what you think!