West Coast Trail: Reservations
Safety | FAQs | Links | Multimedia | Maps & brochures
Pachena Bay, Gordon River and Nitinaht Village trailheads
When making a reservation, have the following ready:
- preferred start dates - first choice and alternate dates;
- the number of hikers in your group;
- the names and emergency contacts for hikers;
- means of payment: Visa, MasterCard or American Express (see our Fees for information on West Coast Trail fees);
- the access point you plan to start from - Pachena Bay, Gordon River or Nitinaht Village; and
- an email address to send confirmation and orientation information.
- New for 2018: Standby spaces are no longer available, all spaces are reservable
Permits and passes
Overnight visitors to the West Coast Trail must purchase a West Coast Trail Overnight Use Permit and have a valid National Park Entry Pass.
These fees help support the cost of operating the West Coast Trail (e.g., rescue services, information services, construction of ladders, cable cars, boardwalks and bridges).
Ferry fees pay for passage across the Gordon River and Nitinaht Narrows, a service provided by the Ditidaht and Pacheedaht First Nations throughout the hiking season.
If accessing or exiting the trail from the Nitinaht Narrows, the Nitinaht Water Taxi fee is $62.50 per person one way, for travel up the lake. Hikers planning to enter or exit the trail at Nitinaht can pay this fee directly to the water taxi operator.
- Reservation fee: non-refundable.
- When cancelling a reservation 21 days or more prior to the departure date, the West Coast Trail Overnight Use Fee and the ferry fees are fully refundable. The reservation fee of $24.50 per hiker is non-refundable and an $11.00 on-line (or $13.50 through the call centre) cancellation fee will apply per booking.
- Only ferry fees are eligible for a refund if cancellations are made within 20 days of the departure date (the non-refundable cancellation fee applies).