Want to explore the park in a whole new way? Be a modern-day pirate and try your hand at geocaching, a treasure hunt played with a GPS unit.
Several geocaches have been placed throughout the Long Beach Unit of Pacific Rim National Park Reserve and are waiting to be found!
Things to know before getting started
- The program is available from May to October
- Obtain all the co-ordinates for the geocaches from geocaching.com. Use either a GPS, iPhone or Blackberry to find the caches (when using a smartphone, download the geocaching app).
- Respect the natural surroundings by staying on marked trails – all geocaches are directly accessible from trails or public areas.
- Please do not leave anything (trade items) inside of the geocaches as they may attract wildlife.
- At this time, only Parks Canada staff may place geocaches in the park.
- If geocaching with a large number of people, split into groups of 15 or less. This is a precautionary policy to ensure adequate protection of the park’s natural and cultural heritage.