This summer, come explore with us! Let our park interpreters inspire and fascinate you as you experience all that Pacific Rim National Park Reserve has to offer
Discover and explore the tide-pools and rainforest. Feel a fuzzy sea otter pelt. Listen to stories that are older than our ancient trees. See the land and water from a different perspective as you immerse yourself in the cultural and natural treasures of Pacific Rim. To answer your questions and more look for a Parks Canada interpreter on the beach or trails! Find them, talk to them, and they will be happy to share what they know.
Our interpretive programs run daily throughout July and August with limited programming in June and September. Check our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates and special program offers. If you would like to book a special program for your group please contact the Interpretation Coordinator, Diana Lukinuk at Diana.Lukinuk@pc.gc.ca or at 250-726-3505.
NOTE: Public programs are supported through the purchase of park entry pass. Programs are presented in English, with special programming available in French.
2022 Interpretive Program Schedule (June Schedule)
|11:00 am at Kwisitis Visitor Centre Parking Lot||Sand Dunes Walk||Birding Walk||Shoreline Explore Walk||Rainforest Walk||Tracking the Wild||Coastal Creatures||Shoreline Explore Walk|
|2:00 pm at Kwisitis Visitor Centre Parking Lot||Slugs!||Southern Resident Killer Whales||Touch Table: Jaws, Paws & Claws Paws & Claws||Sea Otters||Carnivore Snapshots||Touch Table: Jaws, Paws & Claws Paws & Claws||Sea Otters|
|8:00 pm at GreenPoint Theatre||-||-||-||-||-||Bears,Wolves & Cougar!||Pirates of the Intertidal|
Note: Programs may be subject to change without notice.
Venue: Begins at Kwisitis Visitor Centre Parking Lot
(Approximately 90 minutes. Arrive early, parking may be limited. Dogs are not allowed. No recording devices.)
- Shoreline Explore: A guided tour of the fascinating world that exists where land and sea meet.
- Coastal Creatures: Search for signs of the exciting animals that call the rainforest, ocean, and beaches their home. Towering whale spouts, crawling banana slugs, what will we find today?
- Rainforest Walk: Experience the sights, sounds, and scents of an old growth rainforest.
- Tracking the Wild: Come search for the tracks of Bears, Wolves and Cougars, on the beach and in the dunes.
- Sand Dunes Walk: Walk the slopes and crests of windblown sand. Discover a world that is not beach or forest, but a strange and disappearing blend of both.
- Birding Walk: See and hear shorebirds, seabirds and songbirds as you stroll through the forest to the beach with an interpreter.
Venue: Kwisitis Visitor Centre Parking Lot
- Fun, hands-on activities for everyone – young and old. Ask a staff member what’s happening today.
Venue: Green Point Theatre
(Doors open at 7:45 pm. Children must be accompanied at all times. Pets are not allowed.)
- Pirates of the Intertidal : Meet Captain Claw, a hermit crab not much bigger than your thumb. But beware - his intertidal world is full of thievery, deception & piracy!
- Bears, Wolves, Cougars : Discover what happens when bears, wolves and cougars try to share this place with the people who live and visit here.