WARNING: Grizzly bear in Marble Canyon area
Issued: August 07, 2019
Ends: September 01, 2019
WHAT: Special caution is recommended while travelling or camping in this area due to the
WHERE: Stanley Glacier Trail, Marble Canyon Campground, and trail from Marble canyon to Paint
WHY: Grizzly bear frequenting the area. Be prepared to encounter a bear at any time in this area:
• All food, garbage, and anything with odours must be closely attended at all times.
• Fire pits should not be used to dispose of garbage or liquids.
• All food and garbage must be disposed of in a proper receptacle.
• Pay attention for bears when travelling in this area.
• Make noise when hiking and cycling.
• Keep pets on leash and a close eye on children.
• Carry bear spray and know how to use it.
• Report all bear sightings immediately to the Visitor Centre or Banff Dispatch at 403-762-1470.
Start date: 2019-08-07
End date: Until further notice
For more information, call Banff Park Dispatch at 403.762.1470.