Reservations are required and available starting January 11, 2018. A non-refundable reservation fee of $11.00 will be charged for each online reservation and $13.50 charged for each phone reservation. All fees are collected at time of booking. A confirmation letter will be e-mailed to verify the reservation once payment is finalized.
How to book
- Go to the Parks Canada Reservation Service to create an account and make your reservation online –OR-
- Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783) and have the following info ready:
- Dates & hike requested
- Names and ages of participants
- Emergency contact & medical info
- MasterCard, Visa or AmEx number
Changes and cancellations
- Cancellations with a full refund of hiking fees may be made by 10 a.m. five days before the scheduled hike.
- Cancellations made less than 5 days before the scheduled hike will receive 50% of their prepaid hiking fees (minus the non-refundable reservation and cancellation fees).
- Online reservation changes and cancellations are subject to a fee of $11.00 per transaction and changes and cancellations by phone are subject to a fee of $13.50 per transaction.
- Due to high demand, Parks Canada requests that booking modifications be made with as much advance notice as possible. Parks Canada reserves the right to retain hiking fees in the case of no-shows.
- Visitors wishing to join a Burgess Shale hike on a standby basis may do so by arriving at the hike meeting location prior to the start of the hike, although there is no guarantee that a place will be available. Open spots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you are unable to reserve for the date you prefer, you may be interested in guided hikes offered by the Burgess Shale Geoscience Foundation.
- Groups that reserve all 12 available spaces at the same time for the same hike receive a 10% discount.