Learn-to Camp Equipped Camping at SMONEĆTEN (McDonald) Campground
New to camping but not sure where to begin? Learn-to Camp Equipped Camping is an ideal experience for first-time campers! This low hassle option provides you with your own campsite and some rental gear essentials so you do not need to invest heavily in your own equipment. You will also receive one-on-one physically distanced mentorship on how to use the equipment from one of our knowledgeable Learn-to Camp employees. Registration for this opportunity will also include a link to a free virtual Question and Answer Session prior to the experience and a packing list sent via email.
Where: Gulf Islands National Park Reserve SMONEĆTEN (McDonald) Campground (North Saanich)
When: Fridays to Sundays, June 25 thru August 22
Single-night reservations (i.e. Friday night only or Saturday night only, rather than both nights) are only available on the following dates: July 16, July 17, August 13, and August 14.
- One six-person tent OR two four-person tents
- Foam sleeping pads for the entire group
- A two-burner camp stove (includes propane)
- Camping fees
- A packing list and in-depth details provided via email before the camping trip
- A virtual Question and Answer Session prior to the camping trip
- One hour of camping mentoring at the campground
- $87.14 for one night (maximum of six people per reservation)
- $158.68 for two nights (maximum of six people per reservation)
Taxes are included.
- 2:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m.
Check-in times include one hour of private mentoring with a Learn-to Camp employee at the time of arrival.
Check-out time is between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Reservation Launch: Monday, May 10, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. PDT
Reserve by calling: 1-844-365-2646
Lines are open:
- May 10 to May 24, Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PST
- May 25 to August 20, Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST