Wondering where to stay?
Gulf Islands National Park Reserve offers a wide variety of camping experiences, including frontcountry, backcountry and overnight boat camping options! To see where each of these is located, download our Visitor Guide.
To make it easier to plan your experiences, reservations will now be available beginning January 3, 2019 for visits during the period of May 2019 through to October 2019.
Note: You must be 19 years of age to reserve a campsite. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Reservation Launch: January 3rd, 2019 at 8:00am
- Online 24/7 at https://reservation.pc.gc.ca
- By calling: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
For a rugged, back-to-nature experience, we offer a wide variety of backcountry campsites throughout the Southern Gulf Islands. At backcountry campsites in Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, you will find:
- Tent pads, platforms or open field campsites
- Pit or composting toilets
- Picnic tables (all sites except James Bay on Prevost Island)
- Beach access
- No potable water – bring enough for you and your party
No campfires are permitted in the backcountry (including below the high tide mark)