Waterton townsite administration
Waterton townsite is the perfect place to stay when exploring Waterton Lakes National Park. Businesses in and around the town offer hotel accommodations, dining, shopping, entertainment, recreation rentals and much more. More information on local businesses can be found at My Waterton.
Limited winter services
The park is open year round, but with limited visitor services and facilities from November to April:
- Visitors can purchase park passes from the visitor centre and park gate (staffed hours of service may vary at the gate).
- Heated washrooms and running water are available at the fire hall and Cameron Falls
- Some businesses in the townsite remain open in in the winter, but many close. Visit My Waterton for further information.
- Fuel may not be available
- Information on available winter activities
Parks Canada is responsible for administration and maintenance of the Waterton townsite. Parks Canada is responsible for the following:
- Residential and commercial inquiries
- Development and building applications
- Compliance monitoring
- Lease and license of occupation agreements
- Business licensing services
- Guiding and outfitting licensing services
- Utility billing
- Work with stakeholders to advance the causes of park management, community and business plans within the Waterton Townsite
- Waste management
If you have any questions or require service for any of the above, please contact: