Warning: Bear in area - Bertha Bay and Boundary Bay backcountry campgrounds
Issued: July 07, 2020
Ends: July 06, 2020
Special caution is recommended while travelling or camping in this area due to the following:
Bertha Bay Campground
Boundary Bay Campground
A black bear is frequenting the campground. The bear has not been aggressive, but has approached people.
For this reason we advise:
• Do not approach the bears
• Carry bear spray and know how to use it
• Hang all food and other attractants properly when not attended
• Hike out all garbage
• Fire pits should not be used to dispose of garbage or liquids
• Keep your dog on a leash, or preferably leave it at home
• Travel in a tight group (of 4 or more)
• Make noise, especially in noisy areas (near running water) or in areas with limited sightlines
Report all bear (carnivore) sightings to 1-888- 927-3367.
Effective date: 2020-07-07.
End date: Until further notice.