Activities in the community
Areas of Waterton Lakes National Park remain closed due to safety hazards and infrastructure damage from the Kenow Wildfire. Visit our What's open page for an up-to-date list of open areas.
Stay on the beaten path and explore the community of Waterton. With the Townsite loop trail, Cameron Falls and Peace Park Plaza, there's lots going on.
Here are some ideas for things to do in the community:
- Cycle or walk the Townsite loop trail
- Visit the Peace Park Plaza near the marina
- Visit Cameron Falls and climb up the trail to the overlook
- Play ball, soccer or frisby at the playing field
- Visit our International Peace Park native plant demonstration garden near the marina
- Take in an interpretive program at Cameron Falls Theatre
- Skip some stones
- Go for an ice cream
- Find your own "special Red Chair moment" by visiting one of our sets of Red Chairs
The community of Waterton offers a variety of services, accommodations, dining opportunities, shops and attractions.