Athabasca Day Use
Situated off of Highway 16 and tucked along the beautiful Athabasca River, the newly upgraded Athabasca Day Use area is the perfect venue for: wedding ceremonies and receptions, company gatherings as well as family reunions and barbeques.
To picture yourself and your group at this spectacular event location, take a look through our photo album.
Location and parking:
The Athabasca Day Use area is located 12km east of the Jasper townsite on Highway 16, adjacent to the Jasper Airstrip. Upon entering the site, you will notice a private gated entry point. Once you enter the gate and continue along the gravel road towards the Athabasca River (600m), there is a parking lot on the left hand side that will accommodate up to 40 vehicles, beyond that amount a shuttle bus or alternate arrangements are required.
- Wedding arbour with bench seating for 120 people
- 15 picnic tables
- Cook shelter with wood and stove
- Riverside benches
- Large group firepit and firewood supply
- 3 outhouses
- Potable water during the summer season
Maximum number of people for this site is 150 people.
Time slots and fees:
Due to high demand, we have broken down each day into three time slots to be able to accommodate multiple events and ceremonies on the same day. These new time slots are effective summer 2017 and onward.
Morning: 11 am to 2 pm ($200)
Afternoon: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm ($200)
Evening: 6 pm to midnight ($200)
Note: you may book multiple slots if available. For evening bookings, you have until 10:30 am the next day to tear down your site, however you must pack up all food related items before vacating the area at midnight.
- This is a day use only area (no overnight stay or camping)
- Events on site are to conclude by midnight with booking period ending at 10:30 am the following morning to allow for post-event clean up
- If serving or selling alcohol, users must first obtain a liquor license through any of the local alcohol retail outlets
- All users on site require a valid National Parks Pass
For additional questions or to book this venue, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org