Athabasca Day Use
Reservations for 2022 will be available starting November 16, 2021 at 8 am MST
- Use the link provided below to submit your reservation request. We also ask that you refrain from sending multiple requests for the same event to avoid any confusion.
- Facilities available for booking May 1, 2022 – October 10, 2022.
Athabasca Day Use Area reservation request
Use this form to submit a reservation request. A member of our team will reach out to you for further details and to confirm the reservation.
Situated off of Highway 16 and tucked along the beautiful Athabasca River, the newly upgraded Athabasca Day Use area is the perfect venue for: wedding ceremonies and receptions, company gatherings as well as family reunions and barbeques.
Location and parking
The Athabasca Day Use area is located 12km east of the Jasper townsite on Highway 16, adjacent to the Jasper Airstrip. Upon entering the site, you will notice a private gated entry point. Once you enter the gate and continue along the gravel road towards the Athabasca River (600m), there is a parking lot on the left hand side that will accommodate up to 40 vehicles. Beyond that amount a shuttle bus or alternate arrangements are required.
- Wedding arbour with bench seating for 120 people
- 15 picnic tables
- Cook shelter with woodstove
- Riverside benches
- Large group firepit and firewood supply
- 3 outhouses
- Potable water during the summer season
Maximum number of people for this site is 150 people. Groups must follow the requirement for physical distancing and Alberta’s provincial restrictions on gatherings in place at the time of their event.
Time slots and fees
A non-refundable administration fee of $13.50 applies to every reservation.
There are 3 available time slots to accommodate multiple events and ceremonies on the same day.
- Morning: 11 am to 2 pm ($200)
- Afternoon: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm ($200)
- Evening: 6 pm to midnight ($200)
Note: you may book multiple slots if available. For evening bookings, you have until 10:30 am the next day to tear down your site, however you must pack up all food related items before vacating the area at midnight.
- This is a day use only area (no overnight stay or camping).
- Events on site are to conclude by midnight with booking period ending at 10:30 am the following morning to allow for post-event clean up.
- If serving or selling alcohol, users must first obtain a liquor license through any of the local liquor stores.
- All users on site require a valid National Parks Pass.
- There is no electricity on site. Users that require power need to bring their own power supply (i.e. generator, batteries, etc.).
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To picture yourself and your group at this spectacular event location, take a look through our photo album.
- Date modified :