Notice of prohibition: Access prohibited - Pyramid Mountain
Issued: January 01, 2020
Ends: January 15, 2020
Effective date:January 1 to December 31
Access prohibited:Pursuant to section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following area is prohibited to public use and travel by order of the Superintendent, Jasper National Park.
The area between 1200 m to 1400 m on the slopes of Pyramid Mountain, as delineated in the attached map.
- Commencing on the slopes of Pyramid Mountain at the unnamed creek at 1400 m elevation band at easting 426883 northing 5867942 (#2 on map) following the creek bed centerline to the 1200 m elevation band at easting 427704 and northing 5867826 (#3 on map).
- Thence continuing southwesterly along the 1200 m elevation band to the northeast comer of Pyramid Lake near the outflow stream and bridge (#4 on map).
- Thence continuing parallel to the North shore of Pyramid Lake at a distance of 50 m from Pyramid Lake's high water line to within 50 m of the day use picnic area at the Southwest comer of Pyramid Lake (#5 on map).
- Thence continuing 50 m from the outside west perimeter of the picnic area and the access road and connecting at the shortest straight line distance to the 1200 m contour at easting 425839 northing 5863415 (#6 on map).
- Thence continuing east and south to the west and north side of Patricia Lake along the 1200 m contour above the north shore of Patricia Lake to the west end of Patricia Lake at easting 424619 northing 5862064 (#7 on map).
- Thence continuing at a bearing of 290 degrees from true north azimuth to the 1400 m contour interval at easting 423461 northing 5862064 (#8 on map).
- Thence following the 1400 m contour interval northeasterly back to the commencement point at easting 426883 northing 5867942 (#2 on map).
To ensure that wildlife are not displaced from an essential travel corridor.
NOTE: It is an offence under the Canada National Parks Act to enter a prohibited area. Violators may be charged.