Warning: Black bear in Whistlers Campground
Ends: August 29, 2022
Special caution is recommended while travelling or camping in this area due to the following:
July 1, 2022
A black bear has obtained human food from Campers and has damaged a tent.
Whistlers campground in Jasper National Park
A black bear has obtained human food. The bear has not been aggressive, but has damaged property.
- do not leave food or garbage unattended.
- do not approach the bear.
- keep your vehicle windows fully closed.
- keep food and smelly items secure in your vehicle.
- use bear proof garbage cans.
- if you see a bear, don’t run. Tells others nearby.
- stay together. Take food to vehicle. Move to the safety of your vehicle. Carry bear spray and know how to use it.
Call 780-852-6155 or notify Parks Canada staff.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org