Restricted activity: Cannabis and tobacco use at Miette Hot Springs Pool
Issued: October 17, 2018
What: Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are prohibited by order of the Superintendent:
- Smoking or vaping of cannabis
- Smoking or vaping of tobacco
Where: Miette Hot Springs Pool
The closure area encompasses the entire area around the Hot springs Buildings and Pools.
- The access stairs/paved walkway from the parking lot.
- The circle drive and drop off area in front of the main building
- The staff/barrier free parking lot to the east of the building.
- The entire fenced area around the pool site as well as café patios.
- Exterior bathrooms, walkways and visitor viewing area.
- Loading dock area below the building to the west.
Why: To reduce visitor safety risk, to promote a quality visitor experience and enhance the safety and enjoyment of all public areas at the hot pools.
NOTE: Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act.
End date: Until further notice