Restricted activity: Smoking/Vaping of cannabis and tobacco at Miette Hot Springs Pool
Issued: January 01, 2020
Pursuant to Section 7(1) of the National Parks General Regulations, the following activities are prohibited by order of the Superintendent:
- Smoking or vaping of cannabis
- Smoking or vaping of tobacco
Where: Miette Hot Springs Pool
The closure area encompasses the entire area around the Hot springs buildings andpPools.
- The access stairs/paved walkway from the parking lot.
- The circle drive and drop off area in front of the main building
- The staff/barrier free parking lot to the east of the building.
- The entire fenced area around the pool site as well as café patios.
- Exterior bathrooms, walkways and visitor viewing area.
- Loading dock area below the building to the west.
To reduce visitor safety risk, to promote a quality visitor experience and enhance the safety and enjoyment of all public areas at the hot pools.
Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act.