Restricted Activity: Authorization for entry and travel in Jasper National Park
Issued: January 01, 2022
January 1 to December 31
Pursuant to section 7.1(2) of the National Parks General Regulations, the Superintendent of Jasper National Park hereby designates travel within Jasper National Park as a “designated activity”, requiring authorization in the form of a Park Pass.
A Park Pass is required by all persons travelling within Jasper National Park except where a person:
- is passing through the park along Highway 16 without stopping,
- stops for purposes of obtaining fuel, while passing through the park,
- is obtaining medical treatment or an essential service within the park,
- stops in the case of emergency,
- is an employee of a federal or provincial agency on business, or
- is supplying or servicing a facility or a business located in the park.
All areas within Jasper National Park of Canada.
It is an offence under the Canada National Parks Act to travel within the Parks without a valid Park Pass. Violators may be charged under the Canada National Parks Act: maximum penalty $25 000.