Hours of operation
Elk Island is a great place to photograph bison at sunrise, have an afternoon picnic, enjoy an evening campfire or see the Aurora Borealis in the dark of the night. Elk Island National Park is open and accessible to visitors 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Although the park is open around the clock, some services and facilities are only open in the summer season during typical business hours. Listed below are the hours of operations for facilities at Elk Island National Park.
Visitor Centre and Gift Shop
Located off Highway 16
The visitor centre is closed for improvements until spring 2019. Park passes are available for purchase at the south gate of the park from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm daily. The washrooms adjacent to the visitor centre will remain open. Most of the visitor centre parking lot will remain open.
- May 17 to October 13, 2019 open daily from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Astotin Theatre Interpretive Centre
- July to September long weekend open daily from 10:30 am to 18:30 pm
- September 4, 2018 to March 31, 2019 open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Astotin Lake Campground
- May 17 to October 13, 2019 open daily from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
The campground registration kiosk has moved to beside the Astotin Lake main parking lot
Located near the West gate (off Township Road 544)
- Open 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm year-round, Monday to Friday. Closed statutory holidays.