Gateway to the Stars
Leave behind the city lights and visit Elk Island National Park for an evening of night splendour. Gather around the campfire for an evening of storytelling and search for stars or the Northern Lights while taking in the grandeur of the stretching universe. Without the glow of city lights around you’ll see more than you knew existed!
October to March
Duration: Each program lasts 1 hour
- Daily after 6 pm
- $12.36 per person. Taxes included.
- A national park entry pass is required
- Prices are subject to change; please confirm with booking
DetailsJust 35 minutes east of Edmonton, Elk Island National Park is the perfect place to gaze up in wonder at the stars. As part of the Beaver Hills Dark Sky Preserve, light pollution in the area is minimalized allowing the stunning night sky to shine brightly above.
Join a Parks Canada team member around the campfire for an evening of storytelling. Savour a hot drink and discover all that you can see and do under the mystery of the prairie landscape at dusk: search for stars or the awe-inspiring Northern Lights while taking in the natural beauty of the sky above.
By email: email@example.com
- Advance booking is required
- Minimum 10 participants; maximum 30 participants
- This experience is outdoors, be prepared for changing weather conditions
- A national park pass is required for entry
- Suitable for groups (10 to 30 people)
- Reservations required
- Available in French upon advance request
- Motorcoach parking available
- Washrooms on site