2018 Reservation Launch: January 11, 2018
Mark your calendar!
To make it easier to plan your experiences, reservations will now be available beginning January 11, 2018 for visits during the period of May 2018 through to October 2018.
Are you interested in camping but prefer the comfort of a bed and arriving to find camp already set-up? The five new Parks Canada oTENTik tents in the Astotin Lake Campground offer an easy and relaxing way to experience camping.
The oTENTik is an A-frame tent and cabin in one that offers a unique blend of homey comfort and a taste of outdoor adventure. It’s a unique concept for visitors to enjoy camping with the comfort of a bed and a campsite already set up and ready to go.
General oTENTik Information,
- 5 oTENTik units available
- Reservations are highly recommended; contact the Parks Canada Reservation Service. When reserving online, oTENTiks can be found by selecting Parks Canada Accommodations.
- Maximum 6 people per site
- Located in the Astotin Campground
Inside each tent:
- Sleeping area for up to 6 people - one double bed, two singles, and a bunk bed
- A table and chairs
- One electric light and a battery-powered lantern
- An electric baseboard heater (takes the chill off, but does not provide full heat)
- A USB charging port
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Broom and dustpan
- Please note: there is no plumbing or running water in the tents
On each campsite:
- A-Frame tent with front deck
- Fire pit
- Picnic table and 4 Adirondack chairs
- Screen dining shelter
- Propane BBQ and accessories
- Parking for a maximum of 1 vehicle
- A shared kitchen shelter
- Washroom with showers
- Potable water taps
- Firewood (available with purchase of a fire permit)
What to Bring: (This list is not exhaustive)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows (Extra blankets and sleeping bags with a temperature rating of -10° C are recommended in May and September)
- Food, drinks, and a water container
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes
- Matches or a lighter for lighting the outdoor fire pit
How do I reserve an oTENTik?
Reserve by phone:
Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783). Available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local park time
Outside of North America: (519) 826-5391
If you would like more general information, please call the Parks Canada national information line at 1-888-773-8888.
- Available for reservation from the May Victoria Day long Weekend until the September Labour day long weekend. Reservations are highly recommended.
- A pre-authorization fee is required at the time of registration.
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm and Check-out time: 11:00 am
Camping with a group?
oTENTik sites #34 and #41 are ideal for larger groups: side by side and separate from the rest of the campsites! Maximum of 6 people per oTENTik. There is a very short walk from the parking area to the oTENTiks.
oTENTik site #9 is wheelchair accessible.
A Few Rules
In addition to the Parks Canada’s camping regulations, oTENTik users must follow a few additional rules:
- For your safety, no food preparation, food or drink storage, eating, drinking, or cooking is allowed inside the oTENTik. Please store all food and related items in your vehicle during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted within the oTENTiks.
- Pets are not allowed in the oTENTiks.