Astotin Lake Campground
Enjoy a true wilderness experience less than an hour east of Edmonton! Overlooking a picturesque marsh, Astotin Lake is a spectacular place to watch sunsets and starry skies. Nestled in the Astotin Lake Recreation Area, the campground is walking distance to the beach, soccer field, playground, golf course and theatre. Enjoy the nostalgia of camping in the very heart of Elk Island National Park, where it all began back in 1906.
- 75 non-serviced campsites, including 15 walk-in tent sites and five oTENTiks
* Review all camping safety, regulations and etiquette before departure.
What’s at each campsite:
- Picnic table
- Fire pit (fire permit must be purchased upon check-in at the campground kiosk)
- Raised gravel camping area.
- Accessible washrooms with showers
- Shared kitchen shelter
- Potable water taps
- RV dump/fill station
Reservations are recommended.
Campground operating season: mid-May to Thanksgiving Day (weather permitting)
Reserve by phone or online:
Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783). Available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local park time
Outside of North America: (519) 826-5391
For more information call the Parks Canada national information line at 1-888-773-8888.
Campground Check In / Check Out
- Check in at the Astotin Lake Campground Kiosk upon arrival.
- Check in time is 2:00 pm.
- Check out time is 11:00 am.
If you arrive after the campground kiosk is closed please follow the self-registration procedures posted on the Astotin Lake Campground kiosk bulletin board.
- For incidents involving wildlife call Parks Canada Dispatch 1-877-852-3100. Response times may vary.
- In case of an emergency dial 911.
- Hospitals are located in Lamont and Fort Saskatchewan. The Lamont Hospital closes at 8:00 pm; after-hours emergencies must be taken to Fort Saskatchewan.
It is illegal to feed, entice or disturb any wildlife in a national park. Violators may be charged, be required to appear in court, and could pay fines up to $25 000.
To report offenses call Parks Canada Dispatch: 1-877-852-3100.