IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, call 911 or satellite phone: 403-762-4506.
Cell phone coverage is not reliable throughout the national park.
Banff Dispatch (24 hours, non-emergency): 403-762-1470.
Backcountry camping and grazing area reservations
Lake Louise and the Icefields Parkway: 403-522-1264
*If you are unable to get through on one line, please try the other.
Please report the following to Banff Dispatch: 403-762-1470
- Any close or negative encounters with wildlife
- Observations of large carnivores (black bears, grizzly bears, wolves, cougars)
- Elk inside the Banff townsite
Carefully try to identify the species, and note the animal's description and behaviour.
Banff National Park
|Banff National Park||facebook.com/BanffNP|
|Parks Canada Agency||Banff National Park's playlist|
Mountain Safety in Canada's National Parks
|Parks Mountain Safety||facebook.com/ParksMountainSafety|
Phone: 1-888-WARDENS (1-888-927-3367) Toll-free 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
Canada National Parks Act offences we'd like to hear about include:
- Feeding and harassing wildlife
- Campground and noise complaints
- Removal of natural or cultural artefacts
- Fishing violations
Banff Field Unit
P.O. Box 900