What is the Banff National Park red chair experience?
The red chairs placed in special locations around Banff National Park are all about taking time to connect with nature and with each other.
Some are easy to find, while others provide more of an adventure. All of them offer a place to rest, relax, and reflect on the place you’ve discovered and the journey you took to get there.
Where are the red chairs in Banff National Park?
Find them in these locations:
- Valleyview Picnic Area (Banff Legacy Trail or Hwy 1 eastbound)
- Lake Minnewanka Picnic Area (Lake Minnewanka Road)
- Two Jack Lake Picnic Area (Lake Minnewanka Road)
- Tunnel Mountain Summit (Town of Banff)
- Cave and Basin National Historic Site (Town of Banff)
- Sulphur Mountain Summit (Town of Banff)
- Hoodoos Viewpoint (Tunnel Mountain Road)
- Tunnel Mountain Campground Viewpoint (Tunnel Mountain Road)
- Muleshoe Picnic Area (Bow Valley Parkway 1A)
- Silverhorn Creek Campground (Icefields Parkway 93N)
- Glacier Lake Trail (Icefields Parkway 93N)
Print a map (PDF 16 MB)
Our friends at Gros Morne National Park installed 18 sets of chairs throughout Gros Morne in 2013. Visitors have been seeking them out and sharing their chair adventures ever since!
The program has grown to include a number of national parks including Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper and Elk Island!