Banff National Park
Protection Mountain Campground
||# Of Sites
||Electricity, water, and sewer
||First come, first served
- Protection Mountain Campground is 17 km east of Lake Louise on the beautifully scenic Bow Valley Parkway (Highway 1A).
- A hazard tree project – required for public safety reasons – has resulted in this formerly dense and view-deficient campground to be opened right up.
- There is limited cell coverage.
- Campers who want to camp together, please take into consideration that there are fire and no-fire loops when selecting a site.
- There are food lockers for walk-in campers.
- The maximum people per campsite is 6.
- Best suited for tenting, and motor homes and trailers (under 75 ft / 22 m).
- 1 or 2 vehicles depending on number of tents: 2 vehicles and 1 tent; or 2 tents and 1 vehicle; or 1 RV/camper and 1 tent. (Two tents are only allowed with a maximum of one vehicle.)
- All vehicles must fit on the driveway. All tents must be on the gravel area of the campsite.
- All washrooms have hot and cold running water and flush toilets.
- There are picnic shelters in this campground.
- Date modified :