Preapproved routine impact assessments
Parks Canada has approved environmental management and mitigation measures for defined classes of routine, repetitive projects or activities with well understood and predictable effects. These are intended to maximize efficiency, consistency and quality of mitigations for recurring, standard projects through creation of a preapproved routine impact assessment (PRIA) that can be applied repeatedly to similar projects. PRIAs are developed for application nationally and locally and are available upon request.
- Maintenance or modification of an existing roadway, highway and parkway
- Installation, maintenance or replacement of prefabricated structures
- Construction, maintenance and replacement of primitive campsites within the area of an existing campground.
- Construction, installation, maintenance and replacement of diversified accommodations at existing campgrounds
- Operation and routine maintenance and repair of existing above ground and underground electrical transmission lines within Banff National Park
- Maintenance and modification of existing land-based trails
- Removal, replacement and upgrade of an existing petroleum storage tank system and its base
- Maintenance, modification, construction, installation or removal of certain structures in water
- Operation, maintenance, modification, construction, installation or removal of certain structures in water in historic canal
- Routine projects at facilities that are located in areas zoned for Outdoor Recreation or Park Services and where direct access by motorized vehicle is permitted
- Routine projects in communities located in National Parks
- Geotechnical and Environmental Investigations