Fort Battleford National Historic Site entry and service fees help support visitor services and facilities. This means that every time you visit, you are investing in the park — and in a legacy for future generations.
What is a Park Pass?
A Park Pass is a permit for entry to a national park or national historic site. Park pass fees help pay for scenic parkways, day use areas, trails, public safety, education and information services. Fees remain in the national park or national historic site where they are collected.
Where do my Park Pass fees go?
All revenues from Park Passes remain in the location in which they are collected and help maintain the places and services that national and international visitors use most – including scenic parkways, day use areas, trails and public safety, education and information services.
Canadian tax dollars help Parks Canada create, maintain and restore National Parks, National Historic Sites and National Marine Conservation Areas. Parks Canada tries to ensure good value for visitors and fair economic return for taxpayers while upholding its mandate.
What pass options are available?
- Can be purchased on site at the Visitor Centre
Annual Discovery Passes
- Valid for a full year from the end of calendar month purchased
- Provide entry into more than 100 National Parks, National Marine Conservation Areas and National Historic Sites
- Can be purchased on site or online
Who needs to purchase a Park Pass?
Purchase a pass if:
- You are spending time in a national park (e.g. road trips, camping, backcountry adventures, visits to picnic sites and viewpoints)
- You are visiting a national historic site that charges entry fees and will be either visiting several times in a year, or visiting multiple sites in a year.
Do not purchase a pass if:
- You are travelling through a park without stopping – except on scenic parkways.
How much does a Park Pass cost?
Daily Park Passes, and Annual Discovery Passes are available for adults, seniors, youth, and families or groups. Special daily rates are also available for commercial and school groups. Complete list of fees.
By phone OR online (Annual Discovery Pass only):
Call 1-888-773-8888 to purchase your Annual Discovery Pass by phone. You can also purchase your pass online. Please allow 5 to 10 business days for delivery in Canada and in the USA. Passes will be mailed out the following business day.
“Where else can I purchase my pass in person in Saskatchewan?”
CAA members can purchase discounted Parks Canada Discovery Passes at any CAA Saskatchewan store.