Fort Battleford National Historic Site is located in the Town of Battleford, approximately 150 kilometres northwest of Saskatoon. Established in 1876 by the North West Mounted Police to create a Canadian presence in the North-West Territories, the site was designated a national historic site in 1923.

History

Established in 1876, Fort Battleford presided over some of the most pivotal events in the history of western Canada.